In November 2017 Innovation Social reached it's fifth year. From our first meeting of 10 people around a table at a Sushi restaurant, Innovation Social has grown into a global network of Innovation Leaders & Thinkers focussed on accelerating Innovation Thinking.
We started off as for agencies - helping to define what an Innovation Director was in BBH, VCCP and AMV to name a few. Today our membership spans Brands, Agencies, Consultancies, Tech platforms, Start-ups, Scale-ups, Investors and VCs.
Some of the highlights of the past five years include:
- Holding five Innovation Stories conferences exploring talent, processes, systems, presenting the hottest start-ups to the industry and our ever favourite - case studies of innovation.
- Growing our membership - all decision makers and budget holders - of 10 to over 250 people worldwide.
- Holding our first Global conference in New York in October 2017 to 50 leaders and thinkers from across America, Europe and Asia.
- Launching our Podcast Series - Innovation Stories focusing on culture, process and future tech.
- Most importantly making connections that last a lifetime. Innovation Social has created the environment for new partnerships, new business and most importantly friendships. It's been incredible.
So what do the next five years bring? We will continue to hold our annual conference Innovation Stories in April of each year. We're getting more ambitious with our Global summits and are hoping to hold one in New York in April 2018 and Stockholm in October. And of course we always welcome new members whose role is focussed on Innovation at a senior level.
The biggest change 2018 will bring is a concerted shake-up in the sectors our members come from. Nadya Powell, our co-founder, has written about the death of Innovation in agencies and our membership will undoubtedly reflect that. Today Innovation is increasingly led by brands, technology companies and consultancies and the infra-structure between them such as VCs and start-ups.
So in 2018 we will be focusing on building our membership from brands and technology companies including partnerships with Brand Social - our community for CMOs - as well as Social SuperMembership. Agencies will always be welcome - they are our Innovation Social 'originals' - and by diversifying the membership we're sure even greater things will come.
Most importantly in 2018 we will continue our quest to drive Innovation thinking by incubating new partnerships, providing thought leadership, developing training and development and of course fuelling new friendships.
Innovation Social is only possible thanks to the amazing community of Socials who make it brilliant every day. Thank you to each and every one for making Innovation Social a global movement driving Innovation thinking forward.